Minister reveals plan to improve NDIS
The Minister for the National Disability and Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Stuart Robert has today released the government’s plan to improve the NDIS.
The plan reaffirms that the NDIS exists to help people with disability reach the goals they want – to live more independently, get a job or engage more in the community. It gives all Australians choice and control when accessing the support and services they need for a quality, meaningful life.
It has six focus areas with specific activities allocated under each area to deliver on the promise of the NDIS.
- 1- Quicker access and quality decision making
- 2- Increased engagement and collaboration
- 3- Market innovation and improved technology
- 4- A financially sustainable Scheme
- 5- Equitable and consistent decisions, and
- 6- Improve long term outcomes for people with disability, their families and carers.